Help me apply Express entry
Proof of funds
In January 2015, Canada adopted a new system to select skilled people as
permanent residents based on their ability to settle in the country. This new system, also called
Express Entry, accepts foreign workers with skills and experience for immigration into Canada. Express Entry is to expedite the
permanent residency process time and enable competent
immigrants to contribute and take part in the economic development of
Canada. The following key economic programs of Canada with regards to immigration are covered through this:
• Federal Skilled Worker Program
• Federal Skilled Trades Program
• Canadian Experience Class
Benefits of Express Entry
• Fast processing time: Those applying under this system get entry within a maximum of six months.
• Pathway to skilled workers: Skilled workers get a chance to connect with potential employers even before arrival.
• Best ones get selected first: The candidates are selected based on economic value and not on the basis on first come first serve.
The applicant is required to fill online Express Entry Profile, which is given on the Canadian Government Website. The form calls for the following details:
• work experience,
• language ability,
• education, and
• other details that you may additionally provide
In case you are eligible to immigrate under one of the above programs:
• You will be placed in a pool with other immigrants who are also eligible.
• You will then be ranked with others using a variety of criteria.
• You will get an invitation to apply for permanent residency if you are one of the top candidates.
• You can apply online for permanent residency if you are invited to apply.
Express Entry needs the following eligibility from you:
• Meet the requirements of one of the above programs, and
• Get yourself registered with Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Job Bank, where your details are entered in a database that helps you match your skills with the employers in Canada looking for same skill sets and connect with them.
• Your job offer by any employer in Canada must be authenticated by Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer has to undergo this process to verify that there is actually a genuine requirement in the labour market to hire foreign workers. You are not required to register with the Job Bank in case you have already received a job offer that is supported by LMIA.
You must provide details of minimum language requirement in English and French, and language test results under your eligible category from a CIC designated agency given in your profile. You can use the test results for maximum up to 2 years to apply for the permanent residency.
You must have:
a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
A complete foreign credential, and
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC . [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.
If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, contact us to check if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.
employer in Canada.
Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)
requires the following skill work experience:
• managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
• professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
• technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Happy to help - get in touch with our team of expert immigration advisors to know more about your assessment body and qualifying criteria.
To find out if you meet the basic requirements of this visa, please click here.